Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Push It

I'm doing a challenge to learn how to better set goals and organize my life. If you are interested, I highly recommend it. You can sign up on the website: http://www.chalenejohnson.com/30daychallenge/. Once you sign up you will get one email per day with a video and an assignment. It's helping me a lot. I am on Day 5 now, and today's assignment is to promise people that I will accomplish my "push goal(s)" in the next twelve months. What is a push goal? It is a goal that makes other goals achievable. We're supposed to promise people we'll accomplish them as a form of accountability, because most of us are far more likely to do things to avoid letting others down. So here are mine (I have two):

#1: Stick to my budget! This will enable me to achieve other goals like paying off my credit card, increasing my savings, opening a Roth IRA, and moving when I find the right place. All of this will contribute to my financial stability, which is a huge priority for me.

#2: Focus on my health! Fixing my focus firmly on my well-being will help me achieve several other goals. I want to get up earlier, run/walk 300 miles and lose 50 pounds. It will also contribute to my determination to make myself and my home more organized, as well as my goal to read 50 books this year (which will help me relax more). My health and well-being are one of my biggest priorities.

So, I am fulfilling my Day 5 assignment by promising all of you who read this (which may only be a few people, but that's OK) that I will achieve these goals in the next twelve months. If you decide to sign up for the challenge, let me know and we can be accountability partners. It's never too late to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers