Monday, January 2, 2012

December Update and Year Totals

Hi all,

First up is my walk/run goal. In December I did 38 miles, so my grand total for the year is... 353.5 miles! 53.5 miles over my goal. The crowd goes wild!!! I feel pretty good about myself for accomplishing that goal.

Next is my reading goal. I read three books in December. I cut myself a little slack because I was tired and had some magazines to catch up on. Plus, I had already passed my goal, so no pressure. That makes my total for the year 52 books! I'm proud of that accomplishment too, especially considering how insanely busy I feel sometimes. It's important that I make the time to slow down, relax and do the things I enjoy (like reading).

Here's what I read:
I can't even begin to describe these books in any way that makes sense to myself. Read the descriptions on Amazon. Better yet, read the books. I love these and decided to reread them again for fun.You read that right - I reread them again. I can't remember how many times I've read them and I always enjoy them. This is the first book.

This is the second book. I plan to read the next ones this month, and hopefully get the most recent one soon so I can read that too.

I actually started reading this way back in August but I had a lot of trouble focusing. Once I decided to focus on it, I quite enjoyed it. Good history, told in a very smooth narrative style that kept things going. And I enjoyed learning more about Clara Barton. I never knew much about her other than the superficial things one gets when learning history. I liked the insight this provided into who she was. And it shows that even the history makers are still human. Very interesting. I would recommend it.

I had a lovely week off in which I didn't have to think too much, and I'm proud to announce that I managed to watch all 105 episodes of Wizards of Waverly Place during that time, plus the movie. There is only one episode of the show left to air. I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment too. I often have trouble sitting still and doing nothing and letting myself (and my brain rest), but I managed it. Mostly. I did squeeze about 3.5-4 days of work in there (putting things away, running errands, cooking, cleaning, working out, etc.). It was a good week. :D

I don't know yet if I'm going to set a mileage goal for this year or focus on something else. I think I do want to set another reading goal, but I don't know how many I want to aim for, if I want to increase the number or maybe try for more of a certain type of reading. We'll see where I land on that. I haven't settled on my goal(s) yet, so that will have to wait. I hope to be back soon with more on that once I get my brain to focus again. Happy New Year!! xoxo

2 comments:

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers