Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Possible snag

So, you know my walking goal for the year? The one I'm so close to completing? We may have a problem. As you know, I was sick all last week. Lying in bed, head in a fog, no energy, sick sick sick. While I was sick and lying there like a lump, my knee started to hurt. I didn't do anything to it (that I'm aware of) but it started feeling really stiff and swollen on the inside. Being me, I figured I would leave it alone and let it rest and it would get better on its own. Well, it's not. It's been about a week now since it started and the stiffness is spreading up and down my leg. I can't bend it all the way or extend it all the way, and I can't put any pressure on it. Which means - walking is extremely difficult and probably not the best idea. Sigh.

I have to call the doctor and have it looked at, which bums me out. But hopefully it's nothing too major and I would very much like to avoid doing serious, permanent damage. I'm hoping that this will be easily and quickly fixed, but if not, I guess I'll just have to accept it and adjust my goal accordingly. It might mean I meet the reading goal more quickly though! :D

Anyway, I'm hoping to get an appointment for Saturday (or after work on Friday, if possible). Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I'll pray that it's nothing weird and is easily fixed. I'm sorry your knee is hurt! xoxo

    ps I came across a blog the other day that might interest you: http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/ All her recipes are gluten-free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, thanks! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the prayers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers