Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In with the new

I know I've been neglecting my own tiny corner of the blogosphere. I'm sorry! I've been busy packing and moving and trying to settle in to the new place while still cleaning and finishing up at the old place. It makes my brain feel all scattered. Saturday my uncle and I moved all of the big things over in a U Haul truck. That took all day and wow! did I hurt the next day. I really need to get rid of some stuff. A lot of stuff, actually, because it is ridiculous how much stuff I have. People keep telling me to relax and take my time, but I can't really relax until I have everything settled at the old place and my stuff is put away at the new place. It's just how I'm wired. So I keep feeling scattered and waiting for everything to settle down again.

But in the meantime, I am enjoying my new little home. It's just right for me. Not too small, not too large. I love the cushy carpet and the dimming lights. I love that there is a little bit of a nook where I can finally have my books all together and set off from the living room. I'm planning to make it kind of like my own little library/reading nook. I love that there is a small bathroom with an awesome shower and great water pressure PLUS a vanity with sink and lots of storage and counter space in my bedroom. I love love love the huge walk-in closet. So basically, I LOVE this place and I'm so excited to get all settled in and organized. One of the things that a lot of people don't/wouldn't like is the road noise. I'm right off a main road, so the whooshing by of cars is pretty constant. I love that. It's like white noise to me, so I find it really soothing. Yet another reason this place was clearly meant for me. The kitchen is small, but all I really need. Once I get a few things (some more canisters, and more importantly, some sort of something that will add a bit more storage (I'm still working on that one)) I will be able to get everything put away there.

I would also like to get a storage ottoman and area rug for the living room, perhaps a small dining table and a couple chairs, a comfy chair for my reading nook, and eventually some art for the walls. I guess this is my little wish list. Other things I'm looking into: an iron/ironing board wall holder; wall hooks, for additional storage; a baker's rack or some sort of pantry storage piece; anchors so I can hang the curtains; baskets for organizing; a shower caddy; a dresser or some sort of shelving unit for my closet.

So that's where I've been and what's going on with me. Once I get things put away, I will take some pictures (demanded by my mother) and try to remember to post some of them here. This Friday at 8 am, the guy is coming to the old place to clean the carpet, and then I will do the final cleaning (which is actually pretty minimal, except cleaning the oven, which will take some time). After this weekend I will be done in the old place and able to fully focus on my new home. Finally. Wish me luck!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yay for new perfect places! I'm glad you found a place. I know how you feel... I'm the same way when it comes to moving. I can't ever relax until everything has found a home and is put together. Which at my house is like, never because of the kids. lol! Someday I'll figure out how to keep things looking nice even with the kids around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are definitely coming along, thank goodness. I'm not sure it's possible to keep things in place with small children. Isn't there some sort of universal impossibility or something? ;)

      Delete

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers