Monday, April 2, 2012

Finally moving on...I hope

Saturday I left my keys at my old place and can finally close that door and move forward. I hope. We'll have the final walk through some time this week, but I did all I could, so fingers crossed. But I finally feel free to focus entirely on my new place. I did a bit of shopping this weekend, with several different stops. Dollar Tree was kind of a bust, but I think it was a mistake to go there first anyway. I'll need to go there after I get everything unpacked and get baskets for organizing. I got a few great canisters at Tuesday Morning on Saturday, which made me happy. But it wasn't until I was on my way to Target Greatland before church that evening that I hit the mother lode. I discovered that they finally filled the empty Borders building in the shopping center with a Home Goods. I'd never been in one of those before, so I figured I might as well pop in and have a look. Boy was it crowded! I'm not sure when they opened, but it couldn't have been too long ago. (Update: I looked it up and the store opened the weekend before. No wonder it was still so crowded.) And I hit paydirt. I found exactly what I had been picturing in my head when I thought of canisters. And for really good prices too. I didn't want to overdo it, so I limited myself a little, but I walked out of there with two huge square glass canisters and two tall beehive glass canisters. For about $20! I was so excited. I had to skip a full on Target stop because I had to get to church.

The next day after lounging a bit (which is what I love to do on Sundays) I headed back out to the Target Greatland and managed to pick some shelves and get my grocery shopping done. Except for a couple things I got at Safeway.

I decided to get a couple of these for my closet to put my folded clothes in, but I'm not sure they will really work for that the way I envisioned. At the very least I would need another one because they're a bit smaller than I expected. But they could make great storage on the closet shelf. So many options.

I got one of these for extra kitchen storage, but again, I'm not sure it will work exactly the way I was imagining. I'm thinking over the possibilities, but I might move this into the closet for my clothes and find something else for the kitchen storage. Or I might just get another one of these so I can have one in the kitchen and one in the closet, because it is really cool and so easy to put together. We'll see how that turns out.

I also scored season 7 of The Office on a great sale - the last season with Steve Carrell in it and the last season I feel the need to have. The current season has been rather uninspiring; at least once per episode I find myself saying, "I miss Michael." AND I got Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 on a great sale. Finally used my Target gift cards too. I've been waiting and waiting for both to go on sale. It took long enough!

I am happy to report that all of my movies, music and books are put away (shocking, I know). Always the first to get organized because it makes me feel at home. I'm slowly clearing the dining area of things only so I can move the stuff to get rid of into the space. Which will get it out of my way, so I'm excited about that. I still need to put all the games away (after sorting and seriously decreasing my collection), which will make a big difference in there.And then I can put other things that I want in the inside storage closet away, which will make an even bigger difference. I can't wait to get the curtains up, but that won't be for at least two weeks (at the earliest) because this weekend is Easter and I am booked solid. Plus I still need to get anchors and get my uncle to help me. I am not good at hanging things straight if more than on screw, nail, etc. is required.

Things I want to get done this week that have nothing to do with moving, packing or unpacking things (i.e., it's time to get back to my normal routine at last):

My workouts! Ugh, I have gone more than a week without a workout. Not that moving isn't one, but it isn't the same. I am determined to get on my treadmill tonight, even though that means moving a whole bunch of stuff out of the way first. I don't care. I need this. And maybe I'll even squeeze in some toning.

Laundry. Surprisingly, I don't even have a full basket yet. Probably because I did a bunch of laundry before packing up all my clothes and moving them a little over a week ago. So, I haven't accumulated too much. But I want to try out the machines at my new place. And there are several things in the basket that I would like to wear, so they need to be washed. I'm hoping to do that tonight as well. I guess can put it off until tomorrow if I must.

Turning off the TV and other electronics at 9 and reading until it's time to go to sleep. I have been slacking on this in a major way while in transition and since I've moved because it soothes me. And I'm seriously behind on my DVR. And I've been unpacking into the evenings, which delays my shower and my entire nighttime routine. I need to get back to that so I get more and better sleep.

That's about it for me today. A little scattered, but not too bad. I hope to be sharing more projects here soon as I've been super inspired to bake since moving. So far I've made waffles and donuts.
Banana donuts with maple glaze.
I will also try to share pics of my new place once I get it more put together. Here is the only one I have so far, of my new storage unit where I planned to put. It may or may not stay there. As you can see, there is still tons of stuff around it that needs to be put away.
More soon. Ta for now! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers