Thursday, August 19, 2010

The beginning

I guess I’m starting a blog. How does one start? Beginnings have always been difficult for me. So difficult that they often don’t happen at all. I could blame it on my perfectionism, but really I think it is usually fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of rejection, fear of not being good enough. It’s easier to not start at all, isn’t it? That’s what I tell myself. But I just THINK too much. Thus, a blog. But I also know myself well enough to know that I probably won’t be very consistent with updates. Blogging seems way too close to journaling, which is not my favorite thing to do. Except no one else reads my journal, thank goodness. But both carry with them the burden of updates. What is the purpose of a blog with no updates? Would that even be a blog? It’s more like some singular, random post floating in the middle of the internet for no apparent reason. Now I’m getting all deep and stuff. Sorry - I do tend to ramble and go off on tangents. Where was I?

So, a blog. I don’t know what I will write about or even if it will be of any interest to anyone (including me). But I’m giving it a shot. If nothing else, I hope it will reduce some of the constant noise in my head. I guess the best way to start is to tell a bit about myself. What to say? I can’t think of how to describe me. I’m female. I’m 28. I work in an administrative position at a university, a job that serves its purpose, though I grow less certain each day that its purpose and my purpose are at all close. But I’m very grateful to have a steady, fairly secure job with good benefits, so I’ll just leave it at that. I am a Christian and I love God. I will probably talk about Him from time to time, so fair warning if you’re not into that. I love to read, I love to watch movies and some TV, I love music. I LOVE to exercise - there’s just something about that high after a really good workout that leaves me exhausted and covered in sweat that I crave. I spend far too much of my day on facebook and checking my email. That all sounds so generic, but I guess I can’t get all of me into a single post.

I’m just going to stop there and let you get to know me through my posts instead of trying to describe myself any more than that. So now I’m at the end here. And what is perhaps more difficult for me than beginning is ending. I just never know how. Another reason I don’t even begin. But that is just another issue in life that I’m dealing with. I am forever a work in progress, trying each day to move a little bit beyond where I was the day before, always looking for the beauty in the world around me to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Christmas tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers